Your Resource Center
There are many good sites with a wealth of information available on the internet. Below are a few that we've found and feel are important as well as reliable resources.
New information and sites are going up all the time, and we will continue to add them as we find good ones. If you find a web site which you feel could benefit others, please let us know and we'll check it out, if it seems appropriate we'll post it on this page as well.
Expert Light Therapy Article
Abstract Light Therapy Article
American Medical Association Research
At the bottom of this page you'll also find some of our favorite Alaskan and local links, be sure to check them out as well.
Light therapy & related information sites
- Los Angeles Times, Seasonal affective disorder increasingly a workplace issue
- Columbia University Clinical Chronobiology Group, new and ongoing clinical trials at Columbia, all of which emphasize non-drug treatments for depression
- Questions and Answers about Seasonal Affective Disorder and Light Therapy
- Psychologyinfo.com SAD Page
- Study on Light Therapy entitled, "Brighten Your Life" by Daniel F. Kripke, M.D.
- Seasonal Affective Disorder and Light Therapy
- Q & A on Bright Light Therapy
- Other Uses for Light Therapy beyond SAD
- http://www.sltbr.org/ Melatonin production information from the Society for Light Treatment and Biological Rhythms.
- Seasonal depression article by Tom Corwin for the Augusta Chronicle entitledBlues Season.
- Columbia Clinical Chronobiology Program. Medication, Light and ion therapy for depression.
- Integrative Medicine Next Step Institute provides alternative treatments, therapies & holistic medicines to help patients to quit smoking and help with chronic fatigue, chronic pain, cancer, fibromyalgia, migraine headaches, chronic illness, food addiction, multiple sclerosis & childhood trauma, we also help in the treatment of impaired physicians & professionals.
- HealthyGreat.com HealthyGreat.com is a health directory. You can find links to other websites relating to health, diseases and conditions, holistic health, cancer, beauty, fitness, nursing, yoga, healing, weight loss and other information about health.
- Seasonal Affective Disorder
- www.healthyplace.com Healthy Place is a consumer mental health site, providing comprehensive, trusted information on disorders and medications from both a consumer and expert point of view.
- www.healthylisting.com Healthy Listing is human edited directory for health and medical related sites. Directory is divided into health and medical related categories and subcategories.
Depression and Related Affective Disorders Association (DRADA)
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Meyer 3-181, 600 Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21287-7381
- "Winter Depression" by Angela Smyth, Unwin Paperbacks.
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (S.A.D) books from amazon.com.
- "The Light Book" by Jane Wegscheider Hyman, Ballantine Books.
- "Beyond Prozac" by Michael J. Norden, M.D.
- "Winter Blues: Seasonal Affective Disorder and How to Overcome It." by Norman Rosenthal, is a complete resource book on SAD, available from Guilford Press, Inc., NY.
- "Fight the Winter Blues: Don't Be Sad: Your Guide to Conquering Seasonal Affective Disorder" by Celeste Peters, Script Publishing Inc.
- "Broken Minds, Hope for Healing When You Feel Like You're Losing It" by Rev. Steve Bloem, ISBN # 0825421187.
Miscellaneous other links.
- Nature’s Window - Nature's Window is a completely self-contained system for listening to outdoor sounds from the comfort of your home.